Have you noticed some Facebook Pages have a blue or grey verification tick next to the name?
A blue tick means Facebook has confirmed a page or profile for a public figure, media company or brand.
A grey tick means Facebook has confirmed that this is an authentic page for a business or organisation.
Why would you do this? Do I have to?
Although it is not a requirement to verify your Facebook Page, verification does have some benefits:
- A verified Facebook Page ranks higher in search lists, which means your page can be found more easily.
- It adds legitimacy to your Page, which can help to build trust with your audience.
- If your Page gets copied, it is easy for your audience to tell which is the fake account (and presumably, easier for you to report the fake to Facebook to have it removed).
How do you do it?
It's actually pretty easy! However, there are a few conditions so make sure these are in place first:
- You must be an Admin of your business Page.
- The Page must be published.
- The Page needs to have a profile picture and at least one cover photo.
- And it must have several posts.
To verify your Page:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- From General, click Page Verification.
- Click Verify this Page.
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue.
Your phone number won't be publicly listed on Facebook as a result of this process, but if you prefer not to give them your phone number at all then you can also verify with a business document (example: phone bill). Follow the steps above and click Verify this Page with documents instead at the bottom left of the window that appears, then upload a picture of an official document showing your business's name and address.
It can sometimes take a few days for the request to be processed, but you should receive an email or notification about your status.
I don't have a Page Verification option!
This option isn't immediately available on newly-created Pages. If you can't see it, post a few more times and keep checking!
If you have any queries or require assistance with this, please feel free to contact us.